Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Posted by ieatwise.com
Sun-dried tomatoes are excellent sources of minerals, especially potassium and magnesium. Potassium helps regulate your electrolyte balance, while magnesium maintains healthy bone tissue. Consuming sun-dried tomatoes also boosts your intake of iron, manganese, copper and phosphorus.
Serves: 3 Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 package (223g) Kamut fusili, or any other whole grain pasta
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 15 sun-dried tomatoes, whole
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- black pepper
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then add the pasta and cook until done.
- Toast the pecans lightly (5 min at 350F).
- Put half of the nuts in a food processor or blender, along with the whole sun-dried tomatoes, the oil, water, and pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the rest of the pecans, the chopped dun-dried tomatoes, the cherry tomatoes, and the lettuce. Dress with the pesto.