Posted by ieatwise.com
This tasty recipe has lower-fat tortillas and cheese. The highlight of the recipe is the avocado. Though high in fat, it's mostly the heart-healthy kind; plus, avocados may help lower your cholesterol!
Serves: 4 Total Time: 30 min
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless thin-sliced chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 4 burrito-size low-fat flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) reduced-fat (2%) shredded cheese
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) salsa
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add green onion and cook about 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Evenly divide chicken mixture and cheese on half of each tortilla; fold over to make 4 quesadillas.
- In same skillet, cook quesadillas on medium, in 2 batches, 8 minutes per batch or until browned on both sides and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into thirds. Stir avocado into salsa; serve with quesadillas.
|Nutritional Information||(per serving)|