Garden Pasta Salad
Posted by ieatwise.com
To make this salad more substantial, you can toss in canned chunk light tuna, cooked chicken or flavored baked tofu.
Serves: 6 Total Time: 35 min
- 2 cup(s) whole-wheat rotini (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup(s) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup(s) diced yellow or red bell pepper (1 small)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped scallions (4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup(s) grated carrot (about 2)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrots, scallions, olives and basil; toss to coat well.
|Nutritional Information||(per serving)|